Prevent Water Accumulating In Your Oil Tank with a Tank Sponge
Our tank sponges absorb up to a litre of water from your oil tank. They are a cost effective way to prevent the accumulation of water before it can cause damage to your heating system.
How Does Water Enter Your Tank?
• Condensation occurs naturally in all
tanks and drips down into your fuel.
• You may have a small leak in your tank.
• Water can enter your tank when the cap was off.
• Leaving the tank filler cap open can lead to a build-up of moisture.
What are the Negative Side Effects of Water in Your Tank?
• If you have a metal tank, then there is
a greater likelihood of rust within the tank.
• In really cold conditions, the water layer can freeze inside your tank which can degrade your fuel.
• Bacteria and sludge form inside your tank.
• Water can be passed through the heating system instead of the heating oil which can damage your boiler / AGA.
How Does a Tank Sponge Work?
The driver pops it into the tank when delivering fuel. The tank sponges have a string that the driver can attach to the outside of the tank so that they can be easily pulled up. The granules inside the sponge only absorb water - not fuel. They can be disposed of in a plastic bag in regular black bag waste.
At just £19.99, a tank sponge is considerably cheaper then a tank clean to remove water from your fuel tank.