Prevent water accumulation
Whether it’s through condensation or a leak, water can find its way into your tank in a variety of different ways. Left unchecked, this accumulation can cause significant damage to your water system. Our tank sponges can absorb up to one litre of water and are a cost-effective way of preventing the build-up of water in your tank.
How does water enter your tank?
- Condensation occurs naturally in all tanks and drips down into your fuel.
- Water can enter via a small, undetected leak.
- Each time you open the filler cap, water can enter your tank.
- Leaving the tank filler cap open for extended period can lead to a build-up of moisture.
What is the impact of water in your tank?
- If you have a metal tank, then there is a greater likelihood of it developing rust.
- In really cold conditions, the water layer can freeze inside your tank which can degrade your fuel.
- Bacteria and sludge can form inside your tank.
- Water can be passed through the heating system instead of the heating oil which can damage your boiler or AGA.
How does a tank sponge work?
Our driver can simply pops a tank sponge into your tank when they deliver your fuel. The tank sponge has a string that the driver can attach to the outside of the tank so that they can be easily pulled up. The granules inside the sponge absorb water and not fuel. Once they are fully saturated, they can be disposed of in a plastic bag in regular black bag waste.
How much do they cost?
At just £19.99, a tank sponge is considerably cheaper than a tank clean to remove water from your fuel tank.
Not quite sure what you need? Call 01837 55700 and our team will help you make an informed choice to best suit your needs.